American Eagle Terminal 2E Addition
DFW Airport, Dallas, TX
- American Airlines 2E terminal and jetways were built for larger and taller international aircraft.
- American Eagle commuter aircraft passengers had to go down outside stairs and walk across the aircraft apron (parking area) to access the smaller and shorter commuter aircraft.
- Passengers were exposed to the weather and potentially to aircraft, baggage handling and refueling vehicles.
- A 23,000sf terminal addition with on grade aircraft boarding gates was provided with escalator, elevator and stair connections provided to the 2nd –story 2E terminal concourse.
- A Bus system took passengers from their gate directly to their aircraft.
- Restrooms and Eagle offices passenger services were provided in the on-grade terminal.
- Passenger experience is enhanced with separated gates and decreased exposure to weather and aircraft apron traffic.
- Aircraft parking, baggage handling and refueling vehicles can operate in a safer, more typical manner in the commuter aircraft area.